[plug] HP 700X Xterminal software

stephen. steve at newton.dialix.com.au
Mon Dec 6 12:48:01 WST 1999

I have an HP 700X Xterminal (ime loaning it from a friend for a while to
see if i can get it to work)

It's  networked ok but i need to provide a file for it to download since
it claims it needs to download some server code ?
the file it wants is
/usr/lib/X11/700X/bin/C2708A

Apparently if i had the rom card which plugs in the back it would get
the file from the card
but i dont so it wants to download it - I tried several searches and
hp's home page but to no avail.

It would be nice to get it going it's got a nice monitor- 1280 by 1024
at 72 hz

Presumable the server code implements the x windows API calls.

At present all i can do is configure it and use a built in telnet screen
to telnet to places with it.