[plug] Printer problem (still!)

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Tue Dec 7 07:00:23 WST 1999

Ian Kent wrote:

> Peter Cooper wrote:
>
> > Despite everyone's best efforts, I am still unable to get my printer to
> > work! When I try to print a test PostScipt page I get the following:
> >
> > Error printing test page to queue lp
> > Error reason:lpr:connect:connection refused.
> > Job queued but cannot start daemon.

I posted a very similar if not identical  RH printer problem to the list
some months back and thrashed about trying to find a solution.   As a novice
user I found a point is reached where frustration out weighs any likely
value in the learning experience.
I finally caved and reinstalled linux not very elegant but it did work (Old
strategy I learnt using Windows). There is no guarantee but given the time
spent so far its possibly worth try.