[plug] Motherboard/SCSI/Kernel probem: where next?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Mon Dec 13 13:55:56 WST 1999

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Craig Foster wrote:

> Are you running this as 'ncr53c8xx.o' or 'sym53c8xx.o'?
> If I remember correctly, the kernel has options for both...
> My Symbios only likes the NCR module, maybe yours is the other way round?
> If it isn't, has anybody ever use the SYM over the NCR module?

I've actually tried using both NCR and SYMBIOS drivers with the same
result. :(  I can't use them as modules since the machine only contains
SCSI drives...  It's weird, the more I search the web etc., the more I
find evidence that suggests this is a known (and fixed) problem which
makes me wonder what's going on.

Regards,

Christian.