[plug] AGM summary

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Wed Dec 15 09:09:22 WST 1999

Full reports later, ultra-digest here:

* Matt Kemner is now our fearless(?) leader, ie Prez.

* Ian Kent is now our second-most fearless leader, ie Prez of Vice.

* Matt has obtained a SparcStation and bandwidth for independently
hosting
  PLUG. Chris has promised to delegate plug.org.au there. Gary Allpike
will
  be asked by Leon to delegate plug.linux.org.au there as well. This
will
  allow greater flexibility with mailing lists and the like.

* It was voted that The Committee will design a netiquette message to
help
  people remember their manners while posting to PLUG. This will be
posted
  to the main list regularly (monthly?).

* It was voted not to moderate the list.

* Digested lists were discussed. A separate Committee list was
discussed.
  A Committee-writeable world-readable list was discussed. A nag robot
  was discussed to help limit heavy quoting, HTML posts (so y'all no
  longer have to flame HTML posters into the ground) and other abuse.
  Questions of lists have been deferred until the SparcStation is happy
  and delegated.

* It was voted to suspend the 4th Monday meeting this month, and the
first
  Tuesday meeting of 2000.

* It was voted that a Quakeathonnish event be organised for early to mid
  January, at a ground-floor site.

* It was voted to discuss meeting days, times and venues on the list
with
  a mind to possibly changing them on the February Tuesday meeting.

* Possible Constitutional amendments will be accumulated during
December,
  put on a web page about New Year, and then vigorously discussed until
  possible Special Meeting to implement them on Second Tuesday in Feb
2000.

* I volunteered to bring a machine, a 'phone extension, and some VT320
  terminals so future meetings could include absentees via IRC.

* Nick Bannon pointed out that "meet" need not imply physical contact.
  Discussion of proxy and remote voting followed. It was suggested that
  email and snail-mail voting be facilitated for significant meetings.
  Proxying is likely to be deprecated.

* Website maintenance was discussed. Pavel volunteered to throw together
  a decorative PLUG website for apro.

There was probably other stuff, but that's as far as my memory goes.
Tony/named took notes and will be much more thorough in his reportage.

---
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee. When in trouble,
when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout. The two great secrets
of success are: don't tell anyone everything that you know.