[plug] GLIBC_2

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Thu Dec 16 19:48:38 WST 1999

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Beau Kuiper wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, russ wrote:
> > Beau Kuiper wrote:
> > > what distribution are you using?
> > suse 6.0
> Only the most stupid of us (that would be me :-) ) try to upgrade from
> libc5 to glibc_2

Actually, the smartest of us use Debian and had a relatively smooth
upgrade. I know I did, and things are still running stably a year or two
later. Didn't even have to reboot, though my wtmp/utmp was stale until I
did, and this was 2 to 3 months before it was even declared stable.
I've never seen or heard of a good reason to reinstall Debian from
scratch. That's for Windows and Linux distros that want to be Windows. :)

-Greg