[plug] linux with less bugs than RH?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Dec 17 10:05:55 WST 1999

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Peter Cooper wrote:
>
> > I condemed to being a Win98 user for all time?

Quite possibly.  For a start, I don't think Red Hat is that "buggy"
really, certainly not if you've been using Windows.  Things may not work
straight out of the box but that is more likely because they're not
configured yet.  IMHO Debian is more stable than Red Hat (no offense to
any Red Hat users) but Red Hat is probably easier to get going doing what
you want most of the time so I don't think switching will really solve
your problems.  Maybe Corel Linux or the new Storm Linux that people have
been talking about are worth a look for you, but I would suggest if you're
not willing to invest some time and effort into learning how the system
works then you're not ready for Linux (or, perhaps, Linux is not ready for
you).

On the other hand, if you did invest the required time and effort then you
would be duly rewarded for it.  It's your choice.

Regards,

Christian.