[plug] linux with less bugs than RH?

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Fri Dec 17 07:12:02 WST 1999

> Can anyone tell me if there is a Linux distro that is less buggy than
> RedHat? I am tired of the constant problems I encounter with RH/Gnome.
> All I need is something that is easy to install, will let me connect to the
> net and let me use my printer, without me having to try and absorb all the
> man info. I work 60-70 hrs a week and simply do not have the time,
> inclination, and possibly the brainpower to understand all that stuff! Or am
> I condemed to being a Win98 user for all time?
> Regards,
> Peter

Doesn't matter where you get it, gnome is gnome. If you don't like it,
don't use it.

Try KDE. If you don't like that, try WM or AnotherLevel (though that WILL
tax your learning skills; it will look much like RHL 5.x). All are on your
CD.

While GNOME and KDE both have some problems, I see no reason to expect
them to be better from anyone else.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield