[plug] Linux Demo (fwd)

Dave Cook davecook at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 17 22:06:54 WST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Matt Kemner wrote:

Hi,

Although I am not a member of Plug (shame on me :) ), I did go to quite a
few of the original meetings at DEC/Compaq, and unfortunately 1 Havelock
St is a bit of a hike for me from the centre of town.

I have a m68k (Atari, which would possibly be of interest to some members
of the club) box which at one point in time had Debian m68k
installed (I helped with the porting of packages in the past).  Given
enough notice, I could certainly put linux back on there without too much
drama.  It would be relatively easy to cart to the meeting (cpu/keyboard,
ext HD case, monitor).

The only problem is that I dont drive, so would need a lift to and from
the meeting.  Im in Hillarys.

Regards,

Dave