[plug] Please volunteer

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Sun Dec 19 12:25:29 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:09:43 +0800
> From: "Lance Barrett" <lbarr at primus.com.au>
> To: <plug at linux.org.au>
> Subject: Linux demo

> Hi to all!

>         I am a member (Vice-P) of a small computer club (40 members) that has its
> roots with the Atari computers but most members have now moved on to the IBM
> compatable type computer.

>         The club meets on the third Friday of each month at 7.30pm in Yokine.

>         The members have expressed their desire to know more about alternatives to
> Windows, I am hoping for a volunteer who would come to our club meeting and
       *** ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ***
> provide a demonstration of the Linux oporating system.

>         The date that would be preferable is January 21st, 2000 or alternatively
> February 18th, 2000.

>         For further info please contact me by email
>
> Lance Barrett
> lbarr at primus.com.au

Please volunteer for this. It's a Friday night so I can't do it.

All you have to do is show them a window manager, a few of your
favourite applications, and answer questions. The best answer is "I'm
not sure, but if you join the mailing list there are plenty of people
who will know."

--
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee. When in trouble,