[plug] IP Chains

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 22 12:47:39 WST 1999

skribe wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find a walk-through/tutorial on IP Chains?
> I've checked out the how-to and all I've managed to do is completely block
> everything as a result =).
>
> I'm resending this because of the recent list malfunction.
>
> skribe
>         62.0% pure
>         38.0% corrupt
>         36.3636363636364% insane.

Sounds like a good topic for as thread on the mailing list; an interactive
tutorial from those in the know.

I got some advice from some people recently (have not had time (with the boss
present) to implement it yet), but, if the knowledgeable on the mailing list
(including the ipchains guru that I believe is on the list), started an
interactive tutorial by giving some instructions, and expanding on them, and so
on, it could create a plug ipchains tutorial, which could possibly be edited and
published as an ipchains tutorial, by the plug masters. (Hint, hint...)

Are the following of any use? They are from a search on "ipchains, using google.
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/silva.ip_masq.html
http://ipchains.nerdherd.org/
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/lists/linuxsec/0070.html
A firewall mailing list at
http://www.nfr.net/firewall-wizards/mail-archive/1999/Sep/0143.html

A google.com search returns 11,500 results; an anzwers.com.au search returns
4585 results

Happy hunting...
--

Bret Busby

Phone/Fax:    +61 8 9399 3820 ( 08 9399 3820 within Australia)