[plug] IP Chains

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 22 14:22:27 WST 1999

skribe wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find a walk-through/tutorial on IP Chains?
> I've checked out the how-to and all I've managed to do is completely block
> everything as a result =).

In going through a series of notices on comp.os.linux.announce, I found the
following.

"Subject:              Linux Manual now with ip-masquerading section
        Date:              Sat, 4 Dec 1999 17:52:23 GMT
        From:              Bas van Nunen <B.M.J.vanNunen at kub.nl>
 Newsgroups:              comp.os.linux.announce

I've added an new section to my linux manual about sharing an internet
connection over a network (ip-masquerading).

The manual is located at:

http://stuwww.kub.nl/people/b.vannunen/linux-man.php3

Regards,

- --
Bas"

There is a web page there at

http://stuwww.kub.nl/people/b.vannunen/linux-man11.php3

but, the person does not appear to use either ipchains or ipfwadm for the ip
masquerading.

I have no idea how it's done, unless the kernel recompilation magically takes
care of it all.

--

Bret Busby

Phone/Fax:    +61 8 9399 3820 ( 08 9399 3820 within Australia)