[plug] Security Info

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Sat Dec 25 06:49:44 WST 1999

Yeah the guy is supremely arrogant. But at no time does he bag ipchains.
He is a devout user of it and even includes a url to detail his own
ipchains configuration. He does make some comments about how most
articles concerning the configuration of ip firewalls using ipchains are
deadly boring because they say things like 'type ipchains -A yadda yadda
yadda', something he refused to do in this article.

I for one always prefer to see the various invocations of ipchains
because I find it informative and precise. The author of this article
recommends using some GUI called GFCC. Sooner or later the firewall will
have to be administered without a graphical environment and then first
hand knowledge of command line syntax is invaluable. GUI-based admin
tools suck.

Garth