[plug] re: checking for connections

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Tue Dec 28 17:47:14 WST 1999

"Jon L. Miller" wrote:
> I need to know the command to check for connections on a Linux RH6.1 server.
> I have a user that is trying to dial in and he states he cannot get a
> connection.

"There has been an error. Program terminated."

    M o r e   i n p u t !

Is his modem failing to CONNECT? Is it connecting but not logging in? Is
it logging in but not establishing a PPP link? Have a look in
/var/log/messages for some clues. Maybe have the (l)user walk through
his dialup session in HyperTerm or whatever terminal software he has
available.

--
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee. When in trouble,