[plug] New Years' Resolutions

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Wed Feb 3 00:25:51 WST 1999

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Ian Kent wrote:
> At 12:14 AM 30-01-99 +0800, Greg Mildenhall wrote something like:
> snip ...
> >Well, I think we should come up with something to advertise.
> >Like, say a talk.
> I will volunteer to give a tutorial talk on Sys V startup (including
> /etc/inittab). I could also give a simple description of some Redhat custom
> scripts and config.
It just hit me that some people might be waiting for me to nod my head at
this. Well, I'm nodding.

> Perhaps someone else could describe some of the Debian startup and config.
Hmm, this is something I've talked to two people about, (I thought
startup scripts were the best of the list of ideas we had once upon a
time), and both have said they'd love to - when they get time to prepare
it. So if anyone else thinks they can step up and give this talk, we'd all
be very greatful.

> If at all possible I would like to start at 8:00pm instead of 7:30pm since
> I have commitments from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and I need to get there!
Since the alternative is probably no talk at all, I am sure noone could
say this is inconveniencing them. :)

> Oh, and I need a little time to prepare.
Ummm, like until the second tuesday of February? Or do you mean March?

> Ian Kent
Many of you will remember that Ian did a talk on Samba a long way back.
I have also done a second talk, but I think we are the only ones.
If anyone is holding back because they have spoken already, then please
don't. At least in my case, the second talk was much easier.
On the other hand, we'd dearly love to see some new faces up front.

-Greg Mildenhall