[plug] Next meeting and other stuff

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Thu Feb 4 06:45:02 WST 1999

> > But, that's next Tuesday and we don't have a venue, or do we?
> > I could talk about this using my PC and a projector without much
> > preparation, but I would need the visual gear.
> >
> > snip ...
> > --
> > Ian Kent
> >
> It is still planned to be at Fast Eddys for tuesday  and i even asked
> Microsoft nicly if we could meet there then i told them who we were
> they said "sorry it loooks as though we cant accomadate your request
> at this time"

*snip*

> A few days ago i spoke to Andrew Tridge of the Samba team and he would
> be extreamly intrested in our idea for linux certification. I have
> sopken to the Australasian Coputer Training Authority and they say it
> is fine as long as our course is structured well and they aprove it.

*slap forehead* I had an email from Andrew last week - work has been
rather flat out. Thanks for the Digital Metrics web link...

> PLUG may be eligable for government funding which is basically cash
> for free (like linux software for free) but one question wich i belive
> i allready know the answere to but i thought i better check anyway are
> we non-profit? becouse as far as i know we are if we are we are
> eligable for about $500 per monthfor every 50 memberes that plug has.

Do we have 50 "members", I know we have roughly 20 regulars.

> The other thing is PLUG needs a bank account dose it have one or is it
> necicery to set one up if this is neccicery dose anyone have a
> prefrance as to which bank is prefered ( :P i hear bank of spain is
> good this time of year :P) .

I will have to pass on that one.

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
Current project list:
a) Get ZIP Plus drive back from waranty claim
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)