[plug] Next meeting and other stuff

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 4 22:43:06 WST 1999

---Matt Kemner <zombie at networx.net.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, David Campbell wrote:
>
> > Do we have 50 "members", I know we have roughly 20 regulars.
>
> How about we set a membership fee ($5 or $10 or something) and then
> we (ie you :P) keep a record of those that have paid, so at least we
have
> something with which we can say "we have X members"
>
> Then perhaps we open a bank account under name of plug, with signing
> rights for our 4 office bearers where at least 2 need to sign each
> cheque/withdrawal slip/whatever, and we deposit that money into the
> account.
>
> Just an idle thought (which has been brought up several time before,
but
> to my knowledge nothing has as yet been done about. Please correct
me if
> I'm wrong, and I just don't remember giving away my money :)
>
>  - Matt

Matt
I do belive that on our list we have aproximatly 162 members now im
sure we could taly them each in to  paying $5 into a bank account and
we will give em all a funkie membership card  and a monthly update as
to what is happening within plug

if we cant get at least 50 peopple to do this im sure we could do
something like errm talk to some friends and get them to say thier
memberes and we can stick em on the book dose this sound good

Chris Cornish
Linux Computer World