[plug] Installation guide, etc

Richard Wiffen rjwiffen at inf.net.au
Fri Feb 5 02:16:16 WST 1999

Hi...

Been using an old version of Slackware from circa 1996.  I'm thinking of
getting RH 5.2 sometime, and was wondering how useful the installation guide
is.  It'd be very cheap to simply get the CD's by themselves, from LSL, but
only having installed Linux a couple of times, and having some problems, I'm
wondering if I should fork out the extra to have a hard-copy of the
installation guide to flip through, while my computer's getting a brain
transplant?

While I'm here, is most of the Gnome software usable at this point?  It looks
really nice on the web page.  I've been using XFMail for some time, find it
less than ideal, and would like to switch over to Balsa.

As for the meetings, what happens at those?  Are non-gurus welcome?

- Richard