[plug] MS Wins Patent for Web Standard

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Mon Feb 8 19:22:53 WST 1999

Date sent:      	Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:19:39 +0800
From:           	Oliver White <ojw at iinet.net.au>
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	Re: [plug] MS Wins Patent for Web Standard
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> Personaly I'm more worried about my backyard "Butt Hinge" business...
>
> http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?pn=US05819372__&language=en

After looking at this patent I would doubt it would be practical from
an engineering point of view. There are two many parts, very
difficult to manufacture (cheaply) and instalation would be very
messy.

Sounds like some M$ employee was chasing some sort of bonus for
filing a patent application.

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
Current project list:
a) Get ZIP Plus drive back from waranty claim
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)