[plug] SuSE

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Wed Feb 10 17:24:17 WST 1999

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Rob Hall wrote:
> I thought I would have got some comments on the SuSE vs Red Hat post.
I don't think very many of us have seen enough of SuSE to make any kind of
judgement on the matter.

> I was really looking forward to a good flame war
Well, if all you are after is a flamewar, then I suppose we don't actually
have to know what we are talking about.

I think SuSE sux because they blatantly violated the terms of the GPL by
distributing KDE. Ergo their distribution is not very good. :)

How's that?

> - things are a bit dull around here lately.
I kinda like it that way if the alternative is a pointless distro-war.

A couple of people said to me last night that they thought we had "run out
of topics" for talks. Would people like a repost of the list we had a long
way back? Would anyone like to tell us what they want to hear about?
I think I've given up asking people which talks they want to _give_. :)

-Greg Mildenhall