[plug] A good home for used PC's, etc...

Tom Waghorn twaghorn at echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au
Wed Feb 10 21:30:24 WST 1999

Hi Andrew

At 00:38 11/02/99 +0800, you wrote:

>I'm sure I read a post on this list sometime last year from
>someone who was setting up an organisation to fix up and
>distribute computers to needy families, etc...
>
>Does anyone recall this?

I notice that someone has pointed you to the ComputerBank homepage.

Hang on to those PCs. ComputerBank WA is in the process of being set up and
when we are
able (bulk legal issues to resolve) we would be delighted to get hold of them.

Best we get set up properly first so that people wishing to donate will
know how we operate and have confidence that we are not helping ourselves
to the kitty.

We will be having another meeting shortly to thrash out our constitution,
by-laws and distribution policy - among other things. We also need to
become registered with the 'Guvmint' and incorporate etc but we are making
some progress.

Nice to hear from you!

Tom W
-------

Tom Waghorn

EMail :		No_Spam_twaghorn at student.cowan.edu.au

Remove the "No_Spam_" to reply

"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance!"

 - Shamelessly stolen from Linux Fortune!