[plug] More Microsoft Trial stuffups...

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 10 23:22:41 WST 1999

on Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 09:22:41PM +0800, Christian <christian at daisy.global.net.au> wrote:
> Was the thing being demonstrated actually the computer dialing up and
> connecting to the internet?  being configured to connect up to a
> provider? or actually downloading data?  From the three descriptions
> I've read of this incident I've gotten three very different ideas!  It's
> a worry when the media (and possibly the government/legal profession)
> can't differentiate between these vastly different things...

The way I read it it was suppose to be the time taken to configure the
sytem to connect. In this case the modem speed is not too much of a
worry - but there is not excuse for using a different speed modem.

Why compare to 3.11 - should it not have been win95 without ie built in
versus win98?

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065