[plug] More Microsoft Trial stuffups...

Christian christian at daisy.global.net.au
Wed Feb 10 23:35:10 WST 1999

Bevan Broun wrote:

> The way I read it it was suppose to be the time taken to configure the
> sytem to connect. In this case the modem speed is not too much of a
> worry - but there is not excuse for using a different speed modem.
>
> Why compare to 3.11 - should it not have been win95 without ie built in
> versus win98?

Well, how does having an integrated browser improve the time taken to
configure the system to connect?  A browser has nothing to do with
establishing a dialup networking connection or PPP link... right?  And
naturally they should be comparing Win95 with Win98 and not 3.11...
None of this makes any sense whatsoever.