[plug] LILO Problems

Rick rick at vianet.net.au
Thu Feb 11 21:25:18 WST 1999

At 23:06 10/02/99 +0800, you wrote:
>I know I'm a bit of a newbie, but I've just been reading the RH install
guide, and it really sounds to me like you're problem could be solved by
creating a /boot
>partition of say, 16M (which is huge, but insignificant)

Perhaps someone can edify us newbies. What, if any, is the advantage in
having a number of partitions for Linux? Most of the stuff I've read to
date, has made the point that a number of partitions are a good idea. The
'linux pocket book' suggested having only two. One for the swap and the
other for the rest.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rick at vianet.net.au
Home Page - http://www.vianet.net.au/~rick/index.htm
Packet    - VK6EP at VK6ANC.#PER.#WA.AUS.OC