[plug] Re: Profile - Monitor choice for linux - PLUG

Colin 't Hart cthart at gbs.com.au
Mon Feb 15 20:46:44 WST 1999

Mark Saxon wrote:

> I have the opportunity to replace my monitor curtesy of our insurance
> company would appreciate some advice on best choice for sub $1200 17" to
> 19" best suited to X that would be available locally (Perth) Or if you had
> a choice what would you buy?

Umm, a bit cheaper than that, a nice 17" is the CTX with the Trinitron
tube. They can be got for around $750. We have a few of these at work
and they are absolutely brilliant and extremely good value for money.

The AcerView 19g can be got for under $1200, but I'm not sure how good
they are.

Cheers,

Colin