[plug] Man pages

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 16 10:30:28 WST 1999

So does nobody like man pages except me? For some larger man pages I
like the html format but most of the time I prefer using man. man is
small and fast and, with PAGER set to less, searching is easier.

I really get annoyed at programs that dont supply a man page. OK so you
got a .info file - now you have to learn how to use the info program,
after installing it, which took me a while and is something I use so
infrequently that Im never going to be good at it. Man I use all the
time on many different unixes.

I like man pages!

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065