[plug] Man pages

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Tue Feb 16 20:20:23 WST 1999

Oh well, I'll join the mad rush and say that I really like man pages
too.

Christian wrote:
> I agree with all this too (I'm sure many others do also).  I think
> every non-trivial program should have a man page just so you know
> where to begin with it

The basic utility that man pages have for me, personally, is the ability
to look up the program, get some quick info on what the program is and
does and have the preferred locations of its configuration files listed.
Any quick descriptions of command-line options is a welcome bonus :).

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |