[plug] Applixware

Greg Gamble gregg at csee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 17 09:30:35 WST 1999

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Bradley Browne wrote:
> I also have a copy of Applixware but I have been unable to get it to
> work.  This might require a simple fix, and hence embarrassing to myself
> by posting, but how do I set the DISPLAY variable.
>
> Everytime I try and start Applix it gives me this message saying I need
> to set the DISPLAY variable.
>
> Can anyone help me?

In csh or tcsh:

setenv DISPLAY :0.0

should be enough or else

setenv DISPLAY `hostname`:0.0

or replace `hostname` with something that identifies the machine
whose display you are using (e.g. an IP no.)

  HTH
  Regards,
  Greg Gamble
Greg Gamble   __________________        mailto:gregg at csee.uq.edu.au
Centre for Discrete Mathematics & Computing    Tel: +61-7 336 52425
Department of Computer Science                 Fax: +61-7 336 54999
      & Electrical Engineering     http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~gregg
The University of Queensland, Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA