[plug] Applixware

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Wed Feb 17 09:51:16 WST 1999

Date sent:      	Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:19:47 +0800
From:           	Bradley Browne <brad at argo.net.au>
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	Re: [plug] Applixware
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> I also have a copy of Applixware but I have been unable to get it to
> work.  This might require a simple fix, and hence embarrassing to myself
> by posting, but how do I set the DISPLAY variable.
>
> Everytime I try and start Applix it gives me this message saying I need
> to set the DISPLAY variable.

csh or bash?

for csh it is "setenv DISPLAY machine:0.0"
for bash it is "DISPLAY=machine:0.0" followed by "export DISPLAY"

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
Current project list:
a) Catch up on the ZIP Plus backlog (drive back from waranty)
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) sleep
d) real life