[plug] telnet

Rob Hall rob at hcm.iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 18 12:48:41 WST 1999

An associate changed a gateway address and the domain and server name on a
server.  Shared folders, internet etc all works fine.  However I can no
longer telnet to the server - the telnet client just hangs.  Even if I use
the IP address.

The server will telnet itself.

Any ideas?

This is pretty urgent if someone can help.

If I could telnet in I might be able to look around a bit.  This is the
guy's first attempt at Linux and he is a bit out of his depth.  He says that
the above is all he has done, but I'm not all that sure.  Is there anything
else that he might of inadvertantly changed that could cause this behaviour?

I can't even get at the logs because he has not printer set up and no way of
emailing.

Regards,

Rob Hall

Heights Computer Management