[plug] off-topic: cross-at-Words

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Thu Feb 18 16:28:37 WST 1999

> Kim Covil wrote:
> > * Am in the middle of writing a very large Word Macro and Word's
> > ActiveDocument.SaveAs method seems to be picking and choosing whether
> > it is actually going to write something to the disk, or whether it will
> > just say that it has and let me lose all my changes... *grrrrrr*
>
> Try "Save all" instead of just "Save" so that all templates get writ as
> well. Never mind the overhead. I can't remember the name of the
> function, probably FileSaveAll(). Better still, do it on your unix box
> in perl, sed, gawk, anything!

That wasn't the problem... The problem was that Word was refusing to
save a document when I called ActiveDocument.SaveAs until I had set
ActiveDocument.Saved to false... I was stupidly assuming I could force a
save just by calling the method but word was optimising my call away by
saying "just a moment the saved flag says this document is already saved"
(even though it wasn't *grr*)

I would love to do it all on a Unix box... but it isn't for me it is for
the secretary downstairs to use... *sigh*

Anyway thanks for trying... :) It sort of works now (as well as anything
coded in Visual Basic for Applications and running of Win95 can work!)

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au