[plug] man pages to HTML revisited

Christian again at global.net.au
Mon Feb 22 15:05:55 WST 1999

Hi all,

I remember a discussion on this list a week or so ago about converting man
pages to HTML and I was pretty sure Debian came with something to do this
but I couldn't really be bothered looking for it. :P

Today, quite by accident, I stumbled across what probably ever other
Debian user on this list knows and that is if you go to
http://mydebianbox/dwww then you get a HTML version of all the man/info
pages etc.  It's all indexed and searchable. :)

If you then check in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/dwww then you find the Perl script
responsible.

Hope this helps (someone),

Christian.