[plug] Off-topic: Does anyone know how to change Scan-rates on DEC Unix?

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Wed Feb 24 14:28:41 WST 1999

Date sent:      	Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:53:39 +0800
From:           	David Buddrige <david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au>
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	[plug] Off-topic: Does anyone know how to change Scan-rates on DEC Unix?
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> Hi all,
>
> I know this is off-topic, but we've got a DEC-Alpha box here running
> DEC-Unix.  Am wanting to change the scan-rates for the machine so we can
> put a normal pc-monitor on to it - it has a DEC monitor at present but
> since we can't figure out how to change scan-rates and vert/horiz
> frequencies, we can't put a normal monitor onto it.
>
> Has anyone had this problem and happen to know the solution - at this
> point It looks like it can't be done - its running CDE as the WM at
> present - it boots straight into it...

YES

a) Turn machine off
b) Open cover
c) Locate video card
d) Locate rotoray thumbswitch on video card
e) Change switch position
f) fire up machine.

Works for VMS as well...

David Campbell

campbell at torque.net
Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
Current project list:
a) Catch up on the ZIP Plus backlog (drive back from waranty)
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) sleep
d) real life