[plug] Off-topic: Does anyone know how to change Scan-rates on DEC Unix?

David Buddrige david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Wed Feb 24 13:53:39 WST 1999

Hi all,

I know this is off-topic, but we've got a DEC-Alpha box here running
DEC-Unix.  Am wanting to change the scan-rates for the machine so we can
put a normal pc-monitor on to it - it has a DEC monitor at present but
since we can't figure out how to change scan-rates and vert/horiz
frequencies, we can't put a normal monitor onto it.

Has anyone had this problem and happen to know the solution - at this
point It looks like it can't be done - its running CDE as the WM at
present - it boots straight into it...

Thanks heaps in advance for any help anyone can offer.

cheers

Dave.