No subject

Grant Malcolm gmalcolm at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 5 16:29:16 WST 1999

There are a number of other organisations collecting and distributing 2nd
hand computers to a range of needy groups and individuals. (Check out
http://www.cybernet.net.au/UnitedWay/abrolhos.html)

Two that I know of are:

United Way
united at opera.iinet.net.au
http://www.cybernet.net.au/UnitedWay

and

Technical Aids to the Disabled WA (TADWA)
9379 3733

I really know nothing of the way in which either of these organisations
operate but I imagine it would be worth contacting them both with a view
to sharing resources and preventing duplication of effort. (David,
Oliver?) I do know that TADWA was looking for volunteers to assist with
the operation of their free computer "loan" service. Both organisations
may be ignorant of the cost benefits and other advantages of Linux
systems.

Cheers
Grant

CONNECT to your LOCAL THEATRE
     visit the Independent Theatre Association
on the INTERNET
        http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~gmalcolm/ita