[plug] SUSE vs RedHat

Rick rick at vianet.net.au
Tue Jan 12 20:12:48 WST 1999

At 10:32 12/01/99 +0800, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of trying Suse 5.3.  Anyone with any experience?  How does it
>compare with Red Hat 5.2?
>
>Regards,
>

>Rob Hall

Rob, I would be very interested to hear how you go. I'm presently in the
throws of trying to get redhat 5.2, as supplied with 'the linux pocket
book', going.

Just discovered that my cdrom has a problem. Works fine in win98, but no go
in dos?? Can't work out why.

Just in case, I have loaded the correct dos drivers for the device, just
won't get it going. When it gets to the autoexec command

MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000

It just hangs forever.

Guess I'll have to pull the machine apart and see if I have a jumper in the
wrong spot???

Cheers
Rick