[plug] Installing RedHat from APC

Rick rick at vianet.net.au
Mon Jan 18 20:13:59 WST 1999

Rick wrote:

> HELP!!!!
>
> I've been up till well after the bewitching hour, two nights in a row,
> and
> still not able to get redhat to run.

Well, thanks to some advice from Ken Yap, I've set my bios a little less
aggressively, and guess what, Linux has installed all OK.

Ken wrote -

I have seem some systems that lock up after booting or later due to
overagressive settings of RAM timing or cache. Try slowing it down a bit
in the BIOS setups. Linux really pushes hardware to the limit and if the
hardware settings are somewhat optimistic, it may push the hardware over
the limit.
<end>

Thanks Ken, much appreciated.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - nsrick at vianet.net.au
Home Page - http://www.vianet.net.au/~rick/index.htm
Packet    - VK6EP at VK6ANC.#PER.#WA.AUS.OC

Ps - Remove the ns from my address to e-mail me.