[plug] scheduling software

Mark Tearle mtearle at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 19 12:20:04 WST 1999

> "Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:
> >
> > Welll there are to I use, "ical" which comes standard with most distros.  Its
> > VERY lightweight.  It supports both X and console.  It's not too bad.
>
> Lightweight? My version shows 3MB RSS most of the time, even when
> iconified,
> so i gave up leaving it running.

KOrganizer <http://www.redhat.com/~pbrown/korganizer/>
and
GnomeCal <http://www.gnome.org/>

are two other contenders.   There was also an AskSlashdot thread about
this several months ago.

I haven't heard of any console/non-X windows time apps though.
(maybe I need to write one?)

Yours
Mark
Mark Tearle - mtearle at tartarus.uwa.edu.au

"There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings;
   but none when they are under the influence of imagination." - Edmund Burke