[plug] Browsing a proxy server cache

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Jan 20 10:33:52 WST 1999

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:

> How does one browse a proxy server cache (lets use squid as the example :-)
> from a browser like Netscape. I'm not so much after the names of sites that
> a our cache has there, I want to view the contents of the cache in some sort
> of sensible way, without the proxy going of and trying to retrieve the
> files. Any ideas on how to do this under squid ?

There's a program that comes with squid when you compile it called
cachemgr.cgi - put that in your webserver's cgi-bin, and change the acl's
to allow access to the squid statistics from your webserver. How to do
this is all in the documentation somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure
where.. :) (I can't find it atm) You may want to check the squid FAQ at
http://squid.nlanr.net/

 - Matt