[plug] Deb v RH

Grant Malcolm gmalcolm at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 20 10:30:54 WST 1999

My $0.02.

As a comparative newbie, i've found the heated debate on ng's over
distributions muddied the water rather than clarifying things. I
hestitated for weeks, afraid i'd choose the wrong distribution.

Both sides were telling me that theirs was the only distribution worth
having. My _very_ limited experience installing both Deb2 & RH5.2 was that
each had failings. The reality seems to be to me that (unless you are
looking for a particular feature) we're not talking chalk and cheese here,
but six of one - half a dozen of the other.

Push your favourite. But can't we agree they're both fine pieces of work?

Cheers
Grant

CONNECT to your LOCAL THEATRE
     visit the Independent Theatre Association
on the INTERNET
        http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~gmalcolm/ita