[plug] Parallel Port Scanners

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Fri Jan 22 09:40:08 WST 1999

Hiya all,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience in setting up a parallel port
scanner under Linux. (Particularly an AGFA Snapscan EZ). I know I am a cheap
skate and should have brought a SCSI model but I am certainly interested in
anyone who has any suggestions about this. I'd prefer to work directly with
my images in GIMP rather than scan them in under WINDOZE and then copy them
across.  Are these devices like winmodems in the sense that the6y are only
good with the windows driver.

On a different note does such a thing as TWAIN exist under Linux ?

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Michael Hunt