[plug] New Years' Resolutions

David Buddrige david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Fri Jan 22 10:31:41 WST 1999

Leon Brooks wrote:
> Computers for the poor/handicapped is good, but those who have the
> energy to do it will have no time, and those with time will have no
> enthusiasm, or at least, that's how it usually goes. Does anyone have
> any ideas about that? Should that group have regular meetings, and/or a
> roster/pledge for at least N hours a week of collection, assembly and
> delivery work? How should they advertise? Is this also an opportunity
> for "ecumenical" interaction with other user groups? Can PLUG benefit
> from it while benefiting others?

Those with time + enthusiasm + some/any way in which they can help are
encouraged to join the ComputerBank WA Mailing list, and get involved in
the on-going discussions...

Alternately, you can look at the todo list and just do something that
needs doing and submit it.

PLUG (as well as other similar groups) are great contact points for
people who are likely to have the skills that are required by the
project, and hence it is a useful starting point for looking for
interested persons.  Having become interested however, people are
encouraged to join us at our mailing list:

More info about Computer bank can be found at:

Main Australia Wide ComputerBank Homepage
http://www.computerbank.org.au

and

Main WA Based ComputerBank Homepage
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~dbuddrige/computerbank