[plug] New Years' Resolutions

Rick rick at vianet.net.au
Tue Jan 26 08:16:34 WST 1999

At 00:48 24/01/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Gary Allpike wrote:
>
>To get a respectable installfest venue. Perhaps we could have venues by
>rota or something? Also, and here's a challenge with a twist, try
>answering your own question and see if anything reasonable pops out.
>You're a bright boy - _if_ anyone can answer that positively, maybe you
>can?

Hi all, I'm a little surprised by all this debate over where to have a
meeting. Perhaps I'm not in touch, or just don't understand the situation?

My observation is that some at least in this group are tied up with
education type institutions. I've always been of the understanding that
these institutions welcome clubs etc. with open hands. If there is a small
fee, then I'm sure few members would mind contributing to it.

That way, there would be no pressure re the neutral ground thing.

Anyway, just my tuppence worth. (Tuppence = two pennies. Coinage used pre
Windoze)

Cheers
Rick