[plug] Re: Sysadmin training courses for Linux?

Garry Moir garry.moir at mcb.wa.gov.au
Wed Jan 27 14:55:43 WST 1999

At 121:13 on Wed 27/1/99 David Campbell wrote:
>I am currently looking for help to kick start these courses, there is
>a lot of unknowns here which is more than I can handle (If courses
>are available, I would like to put web links to them. No point re-
>inventing the wheel). For example:
>
>a) What courses would industry be looking for?
>b) How could we get these courses accredited?
>c) How could local Linux User Groups be involved?

Answers:
a) Sysadmin (General)
     Mail server install/admin
     Webserver install/admin
     Firewall install/admin

b) Don't worry about accreditation until courses have been running for a while. (Get some runs on the board first)

c) Local LUG's could oversee course outlines and suggest additions.

Garry Moir
Systems Administrator