[plug] The cost for a free OS

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 27 16:05:12 WST 1999

> 2. I just received a phone call from Boffins about the book "Artists
guide
> to the GIMP". I was told that the book would take 6-8 weeks to arrive and
> would cost me $99.95. Again this book can be supplied to me from cetus
> technology for approx. $70 (including postage and handling. Alternatively
> could buy the book from Computer literacy in the states for $39.95 and
$9.95
> postage and handling. The book should get here in about 1-4 days and
would
> be sent by UPS International.

Books are an endless problem, particularly computer books which most
bookshops seem to feel are open to enormous markups. Dymocks I found
ludicrous recently when I wanted a Sybase book. $90 from Sydney in about 4
days. $90 from Perth in 4-6 weeks, or $70 from amazon.com in just over a
week.

Guess which one I chose ?

Paul