[plug] Phoenix 80486 Bios

Peter Scully Peter.Scully at usa.net
Thu Jan 28 22:05:54 WST 1999

(which you should also be able to use, there are a few kicking around the
net).

[Looks around] Oh, hi everyone, I've been subscribing to this list for a
while now, about time I left a message.

While I've got your attention, I'll throw in my opinion on the "Linux
overtaking Windoze95" debate.  I bought the Linux Poketbook, which has an
amzing quality - the price.  It took me a rather late night and a pot of
coffee just to get it on, after ignoring some of the instructions in the
book.  While I'm not a programmer, I'm hardly a Windoze Crash Test Dummy
and still haven't got most of it running.  Sorry if that blows anyone's
ideas of taking on the the world of Bill Gates in an installfest.

Can anyone suggest a good book, one that tells me the basics; what various
files do, how to set things up, something with an index would help! (sorry
APC mag).  I'll continue to battle with it no matter what, because it's
re-awakened the thrill of being able to control what goes on and fix probs
- eg, I have an i740 AGP card and a Packard-Bell (the shame of it all)
Monitor, which even PB don't seem to know the parameters of, but by
searching out the appropriate files I was ble to get them both performing
far better than they do in Windoze.

Finally, an apology to the puritans, I need W95 for work, so it will keep
it's oversized partition for a long time yet (plus I've got a couple of
good games) and also need to re-install 3.11, does anyone know where I can
get disks (yes we still have customers running their networks on 3.11).