[plug] RedHat 5.2 question(s)

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Fri Jan 29 08:40:26 WST 1999

Yup, it is working fine..

I tried a nfs install last night and at first it would not work. I then found a
message on one of the virtual install consoles that said something like reverse
name lookup failed. As I was not running dns I just put an entry for the new
system into the hosts file of the nfs server and it saw the light. The install
is now completed and working fine.
Thanks to all those who offered ideas.
Next on the list is to try to install the Sparc version I have downloaded onto
my Sparc 2+. It does not have a floppy drive so that adds another challenge.

Regards,
Chris Griffin

At 15:35 29/01/99 , you wrote:
>Thanks for using NetForward!
>http://www.netforward.com
>v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
>At 10:09 AM 28-01-99 +0800, Chris Griffin wrote something like:
>
>snip ...
>
>>ftp:    I set up an ftp server and an account for it to
>>        use and tried an ftp install. No error message, it
>>        just keeps throwing me back to the ftp setup screen.
>
>Have you checked to see if your ftpd on the server machine actually works?
>
>snip ...
>--
>Ian Kent

                              \\\___///
                               (  @ @  )
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Support Engineer        |
| Email: chris at mitswa.com.au                            |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |