[plug] RedHat 5.2 question(s) (SPARC)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Jan 29 10:04:01 WST 1999

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Chris Griffin wrote:

> Next on the list is to try to install the Sparc version I have downloaded onto
> my Sparc 2+. It does not have a floppy drive so that adds another challenge.

How about netboot, then install via NFS/FTP?
That's how I got my Sparc Classic to work (with debian-sparc 2.1)

The Debian instructions are very detailed for setting up a netboot -
including how to set up the reverse arp etc.  I don't know about RedHat,
but if it doesn't have this much detail, perhaps you could use some of the
Debian instructions to get it to work. (at least to the stage where you
can point it at your NFS/FTP server)

 - Matt