[plug] Windowmaker

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 29 12:03:26 WST 1999

on Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 11:48:40AM +0800, Rob Hall <rob at hcm.iinet.net.au> wrote:
>  When running WindowMaker from xdm, how do I set it so that any user can shut
> down the machine.
>
> The only way that I can think of is to run a script that su to root then calls
> the shudown.  The problem with that is they then need to enter root's password.
>
> I tried making ctl-alt-del into shutdown -h now in /etc/inittab but xdm appears
> to disable ctl-alt-del.

This is not a windowmaker thing but an X thing. You can do it by getting
x out the way, ctl-alt-F[1-5] to bring up virtual console and then
ctl-alt-del to reboot.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065