[plug] PURGING LINUX

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 31 18:08:56 WST 1999

Removing an OS, like installing it, is pretty straightforward. I commend
you on having discovered 'fdisk /mbr', but that's only part of the job.

The easiest way is probably to restore from your backups.

If you simply want to merge a FAT partition that you had previously
split, eg with FIPS, merge it again as documented. (You'll need the
saved root/boot sectors that you made while using FIPS the first time)

Finally, you could install a new OS over the old.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal