[plug] Netscape & Stability ...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Jul 2 09:17:58 WST 1999

Gary Allpike wrote:

> Communicator is the spawn of the devil, and very little seems to be able
> to make it stable.

I'm used to a few crashes a week, but lately it's been a few per hour!! If I'm
really cautious (ie; don't close too many windows), I can get away with a
couple of crashes a day...

> I would suggest that you try Navigator instead - it appears to be a lot
> more stable.

Is it?? I thought Communicator was just Navigator with some extras?? I'll give
it a try, tho ...

Christian wrote:
> Try the libc5 versions.  I've found that the "unsupported" glibc2 builds
> have numerous faults.  Since starting with libc5 versions, I've had
> almost no problems.  YMMV.

Actually, version 4.61 is not unsupported, ie; it IS supported. And it's the
MOST unstable. ^_^
If the above doesn't work, I'll try the libc5 vers (altho I think I left them
coz I was sick of how slow and hungry they were...)

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :